February 8, 2018
- Layers being reordered when clicking on the group icon at the top of the list.
- Scroll bars not being draggable (only scrolling from trackpad swipe or mouse wheel).
- Some audio files were not being drawn properly in the dialogue manager and not being previewable.
February 8, 2018
- New year, new look. The interface has been completely redesigned.
- Unified audio. Dialogue, music, and sound effects can now all be edited from within the updated Audio tab.
- Master Scenes. Create a template for scenes to share navigation, audio, and backgrounds
October 30th, 2017
- Auto image scaling. The asset library will determine what assets are missing, and now defaults to either scale assets up for retina iPad or scale images down rather than showing nothing
- Gamma correction for assets. In the asset library, right click on any image and select "gamma correct" to repair any washed out images
- Updated rendering pipeline
- Additive alpha animations. "Begin at current state" was ignored in previous builds
- Timing curve paths are now properly drawn in macOS 10.13
October 10th, 2017
- New template project, Our Night Sky
- Renaming "Actions" to "Aimations"
September 21st, 2017
- Added support for iOS 11
- Adds 1024x1024 icon now required by the iOS 11 App Store
September 19th, 2017
- Dilogue speaker showing numbers after converting the speaker (or a parent of the speaker) to a smart object
- Warning alert when an image is too large to work properly
September 8th, 2017
- Selecting layers will automatically scroll to them
- Canvas freezing on macOS 10.11
- Position keyframes showing wrong value when first opened
- Dragging multiple position keyframes
September 1st, 2017
- Opacity on layers with an image sequence
August 22th, 2017
- Image sequences not being tiled in previewer. Please update to the most recent iOS version
August 17th, 2017
- Remove a layer's linked item by clicking on the trash icon next to the linked name.
- API calls no longer use ICMP, improving connections behind a firewall.
- Improved networking protocols to have faster, more realiable previewing.
- Missing sound effects for interaction groups.
- Drag scaling of multiple layers, and for layers with non-centered anchor points.
August 14th, 2017
August 9th, 2017
- iPhone device preview in the canvas
August 8th, 2017
- Added disabled states to controls.
- Asset json import base layer ordering.
- Asset cut of Photoshop layers with directory punctuation in their names.
August 2nd, 2017
- Certain images sequences playing out of order
August 1st, 2017
- Photoshop importing for groups being positioned off
July 31st, 2017
- New empty states for the tools and canvas
- Grouping layers offseting position
July 26th, 2017
- Linking images from a CSV import
- Hullabalu Asset Cut installation
July 24th, 2017
- Layer outlines can now be used to resize layers
- Improved dragging keyframes in the animation timeline
- Improved Photoshop cut script
- Mouth automatically selected from a speaker
- Project showing there were edits on open
- Moving or renaming project while open
- Dialogue section layout on macOS 10.11
- Trial expired window not being visible
- New action window not showing all affected layers
July 14th, 2017
- Crash on converting layers with dialogue to smart objects.
July 11th, 2017
- Added new image sequence type, Lip Sync View. Rather than choreographing the sequence, drag each cell to a phoneme (A, O, E, W, etc.) for automatic use in the...
- Completely new dialogue section. Topics and organized dialogue has been moved to the tools section on the left.
- Preview lip syncing timings below the canvas on the zoomable dialogue timeline.
- Automatically calculate lip syncing by clicking on the button in the timeline.
- Edit the phoneme timings by dragging to move, extend, or shorten and timed phoneme, or add new phonemes or any other mouth image by dragging from below the timeline.
- Add playback rules to interactions by grouping them in the tool section on the left. Interaction groups can be set to play sequnetially or let any containing interaction play.
- Limit the number of times an interaction can be triggered with the controls on the right.
- Double click on the layer preview in the layers tool section to open either the asset library or the editing view for a smart object.
- Double click on a position keyframe to change from a curve to a linear path or back.
- Simplified rotation actions intended to go farther than 180 degrees. Specify any number of rotations by dragging the arrow around the dial multiple times or by typing in a value in the text field.
June 12th, 2017
- Improved performance for larger image sequences
June 5th, 2017
- Added image sequences. Create an image sequence from the Asset Library or in the New Layer window.
- Added interaction effect to start, stop and toggle image sequences
- Added interaction effect to change music during a scene.
- Added interaction effect to jump to any scene.
- Added interaction for when a scene starts.
May 29th, 2017
- Creating new projects with a trial account.
- Downloading updated template projects.
May 16th, 2017
- Added video layers.
- Added interaction triggers for video start/stop and action start/stop.
- Added interaction effects to start and stop videos.
- Playhead on the action timeline can now be scrubbed forward and backward in time.
- Action timeline can be paused and resumed.
- Can now add actions and interactions to smart objects to be used in multiple scenes.
- Added support for trial accounts.
- Added icons for the different actions.
- Improved support for weak internet connection.
- Improved new layer popup.
- Layer thumbnails are visibile even if opacity is set to 0.
- Removing app icons from asset manager not removing from overview screen.
- Layer and scene thumbnails not updating when dragging layers or undoing layer grouping.
- Scale animations displaying a different scale on iOS.
May 5th, 2017
- On macOS 10.11, crash from selecting tilt.
- On macOS 10.11, inconsistent parallax, drag and selection on the canvas.
- On macOS 10.11, animation timeline header positioning.
- On macOS 10.11, scene thumbnails when first opening the overview.
May 3rd, 2017
- Improved selecting layers using selection mode.
- Dragging interactions not working on some layers.
- Some smart objects not allowing a scene to load.
April 24th, 2017
- Updated photoshop cut script for better support of retina assets.
- Ocassional crash from right clicking below layers or actions.
April 21st, 2017
- Added right click for layers to: Rename, Group, Duplicate, Convert to Smart Object, and Copy/Paste position, ambient animation, parallax, and rotation values.
- Added right click for actions to: Rename, Group, Duplicate.
- Added right click for scenes to: Rename, Duplicate.
- Added disabled state for mouse control selection when not in layer section.
- Added multiple selection and dragging for animation keyframes.
- Hides control points for animation path unless it is selected.
- Improved asset loading.
- Templete projects downloaded dynamically reducing the app size.
- Uploading asset to asset manager automatically highlights it.
- Animation timeline showing progress on inactive animations.
- Displayed name of audio file for dialogue line.
- "Save as" not working.
April 12th, 2017
- Crash with NVIDIA GT graphics cards.
April 3rd, 2017
- Hit detection failing on layers after animating scale.
- Intermittent connection with mobile previewer.
- Adding music on macOS 10.11 not working.
April 2nd, 2017
- Font loading issue for informational windows.
April 1st, 2017
- Improved error reporting.
April 1st, 2017
- Updated the second template to the new Piñata Party.
- Added a new menu section for a recent undo history.
March 28th, 2017
- Supports download improvements for the updated previewer app.
- Improved draw performance for changes in ambient animation, reference point, and anchor point.
- Improved redraw performance for changes to opacity, position, scale, and parallax.
- Improved performance for parallax.
- Improved scene rendering performance.
- Reduced canvas flickering when editing layers.
- Reduced app memory usage.