February 5, 2018
- Scroll areas
- Support for gradients in SVGs
- Custom transitions between screens
- iOS Simulator support for published project
January 9, 2018
- Added Portrait Orientation for Screens
- Added Pan/Zoom to Editor Canvas
- Added Support for Dashes in SVGs
- Improved Interaction Section to Improve Readability
December 20, 2018
- Improved Editor layout
- New Wait Effect
- Edit Shape Fill Opacity
December 3, 2018
- New visual logical flow editor for interactions.
- Adding custom variables.
- Support for conditional interaction effects.
- Simplified mouse activity on the canvas: click to select, drag to move, toggle between touch and parallax during preview.
November 7, 2018
- Published Xcode project
- Importing images with large bit depth
- Ocassional crash when right clicking animation timeline
October 9, 2018
- Master Scene interactions and animations not working
- Ocassional wrong layer responding to interation
October 3, 2018
- Added support for SVGs
- Added star to shapes
- Improved creating animations and audio
- Copy and Paste layers between projects
- Canvas flickering when starting or stopping preview
- Incorrect size for some grouped layers
September 27, 2018
- Updated published Xcode project for Xcode 10
September 20, 2018
- Fixed a crash with creating music
September 11, 2018
- Create shape layers without uploading images
- Create customized triangles, rectangles, polygons, circles and lines
- Change fill color, border color, border width and corner radius
- Drag destination on a layer group
- Layer outlines showing while a layer is hidden
- New animation popup not refreshing possible affected layers
August 23, 2018
- New Interaction: Audio Started/Stopped
- Added visual editors for scale, rotation and opacity animations
- Added improved welcome screen
- Improved visibility of outlines on the canvas
- Memory leak with text layers
- Layer property copy missing text properties
- Animation offset slider showing incorrect information
July 30, 2018
- Alignment tools for aligning and distributing multiple layers.
- Device alignment grid for margins and center when dragging layers.
- Change formatted width of a text layer by dragging its sides on the canvas.
- Font choices for text layers.
- Choice to trigger tap interactions on touch down or touch up.
- "Visible Hit Testing" option on layer to tell Lightwell wether to register a touch on a layer's content or its bounding rectangle.
- Renaming "Begin at Current State" to "Additive" with an explaining tooltip
- Audio continuing from a scene when returning to the project overview.
July 20, 2018
- Fixed editing lip sync phonemes on new sprites
July 17, 2018
- Controls show information from selecting multiple items
- Grouping layers now uses the minimum required bounds
- Sped up initial project loading
- New keyframes are prefilled with values based on previous keyframe
- Delete phonemes from the dialogue timeline
- Deleting layers and animations will add warnings to affected animations and interactions
- Improved drag support for rescaling layers
- Reordering keyframes on the animation timeline reorders the keyframe controls
- Black box appearing when a text layer was too long
- Swipe interactions sometimes not triggering
- Warnings after undo/redo
June 28, 2018
- Copy and Paste Layers, Animations, Interactions and Audio
- Reduced memory usage
June 21, 2018
- Sped up project open times
- Clicking behind animation timeline scrubber
- Replacing a layer's linked assets
June 15, 2018
- Retina interface icons
- Speeding up section switching
- Dialogue waveform rendering
- Linear sprite playback in preview and repeat count
- Mislabeled audio asset links
June 7, 2018
- Warning System. Helps you identify potential issues or bugs in your app.
- Autosaving Projects
- Saves project to correct location after being renamed or moved
May 31, 2018
- Crash on launch with few or no recently opened projects.
May 30, 2018
- In canvas previewing. Select "Preview" from the canvas' toolbar to begin.
- New text field for editing ambient animation offset.
- Animation selection from animation timeline.
May 7, 2018
- Hullabalu Story Kit has be recompiled with Swift 4.1
- Published project app icons are now properly discoverable.
May 4, 2018
- Refreshed the Asset Library to make it easier to manage assets, including showing usage information.
- Simplified project overview.
- New example project.
April 20, 2018
- Guided walkthrough can be done in any order.
- Guided walkthrough gifs are now next to the corresponding steps.
- The editor presents an indicator if the current scene is a master scene.
- Default animations have simpler starting properties.
- Duplication of scenes sometimes losing interaction links.
- Popup windows getting hidden behind editor windows.
- Animations can no longer have a playthrough count of 0.
April 6, 2018
- Adding a detailed walkthrough and tutorial project.
- New keyboard shortcuts. Hover over a button to find out if it has a hot key. Want more? Let us know!
- Thumbnails in layer controls
- Device specific positions for layers. Specifiy the options to go custom in the layer's "Position" section.
- Placeholder text when there is no option for a dropdown.
March 23, 2018
- Text layers made from new layer panel (needs previewer v2.3+)
- Copy and past layer properties
- Thumbnails in layer controls
- Option for dragged layers to stay when the dragged
- Deleted layers showing up in dropdown lists
- JSON import positioning layers that were in a group inside of another group
March 15, 2018
- Added a features guide
- Unnamed layer is given the name of the image
- Improved drag reordering layers/animation/interactions
- Added indicator for when there is an update available
- Audio previewing for sound effects and music
- Directly uploading audio file to asset manager showing an empty image
- Dropdowns openning off the edge of the screen
- Undoing animation and interaction reordering
March 14, 2018
- Create an account from within the app.
March 9, 2018
- Improves connectivity with Lightwell Previewer. Requires previewer version 2.2.2 or newer.
March 9, 2018
- Layer movement while changing anchor point, at 0 rotation.
- Moving items in and out of groups creating empty rows or crashing.
March 8, 2018
- Neverending beachball when using the phoneme matching.
March 7, 2018
- Added a save state indicator to the title bar.
- Importing layers from non-centered groups in Photoshop with a JSON file will be correctly positioned.
- On macOS 11 application will no longer stall at launch, and Mac's gatekeeper should show the appropriate messages.
February 23, 2018
- Embedded starter project.
- Adding support for mp3 audio files.
- New interaction effect to link out from the app (this can be a web URL or a deep link url into a different app).
- Right click option to duplicate, group, and delete items in lists.
- Interaction group controls to recognize interactions only in a specific order or in any order.
- Interaction control to limit playback times.
- Parallax anchors are automatically added when editing the magnitude.
- Default ambient animation duration.
- Parallax preview extremes at the right and bottom on retina screens now liens up with edge of canvas.
- All audio items linked to an asset should preview correctly.
- PNGs using indexed colors correctly display on the canvas and in the previewer.
- Interactions that were in a group at scene launch can now be edited.
- Opening projects from previous version of Lightwell will now have interaction group names correctly displayed.
- Expired trial window now correctly shows when logged in without an active subscription.
February 8, 2018
- Layers being reordered when clicking on the group icon at the top of the list.
- Scroll bars not being draggable (only scrolling from trackpad swipe or mouse wheel).
- Some audio files were not being drawn properly in the dialogue manager and not being previewable.
February 8, 2018
- New year, new look. The interface has been completely redesigned.
- Unified audio. Dialogue, music, and sound effects can now all be edited from within the updated Audio tab.
- Master Scenes. Create a template for scenes to share navigation, audio, and backgrounds
October 30th, 2017
- Auto image scaling. The asset library will determine what assets are missing, and now defaults to either scale assets up for retina iPad or scale images down rather than showing nothing
- Gamma correction for assets. In the asset library, right click on any image and select "gamma correct" to repair any washed out images
- Updated rendering pipeline
- Additive alpha animations. "Begin at current state" was ignored in previous builds
- Timing curve paths are now properly drawn in macOS 10.13
October 10th, 2017
- New template project, Our Night Sky
- Renaming "Actions" to "Aimations"
September 21st, 2017
- Added support for iOS 11
- Adds 1024x1024 icon now required by the iOS 11 App Store
September 19th, 2017
- Dilogue speaker showing numbers after converting the speaker (or a parent of the speaker) to a smart object
- Warning alert when an image is too large to work properly
September 8th, 2017
- Selecting layers will automatically scroll to them
- Canvas freezing on macOS 10.11
- Position keyframes showing wrong value when first opened
- Dragging multiple position keyframes
September 1st, 2017
- Opacity on layers with an image sequence
August 22th, 2017
- Image sequences not being tiled in previewer. Please update to the most recent iOS version
August 17th, 2017
- Remove a layer's linked item by clicking on the trash icon next to the linked name.
- API calls no longer use ICMP, improving connections behind a firewall.
- Improved networking protocols to have faster, more realiable previewing.
- Missing sound effects for interaction groups.
- Drag scaling of multiple layers, and for layers with non-centered anchor points.
August 14th, 2017
August 9th, 2017
- iPhone device preview in the canvas
August 8th, 2017
- Added disabled states to controls.
- Asset json import base layer ordering.
- Asset cut of Photoshop layers with directory punctuation in their names.
August 2nd, 2017
- Certain images sequences playing out of order
August 1st, 2017
- Photoshop importing for groups being positioned off
July 31st, 2017
- New empty states for the tools and canvas
- Grouping layers offseting position
July 26th, 2017
- Linking images from a CSV import
- Hullabalu Asset Cut installation
July 24th, 2017
- Layer outlines can now be used to resize layers
- Improved dragging keyframes in the animation timeline
- Improved Photoshop cut script
- Mouth automatically selected from a speaker
- Project showing there were edits on open
- Moving or renaming project while open
- Dialogue section layout on macOS 10.11
- Trial expired window not being visible
- New action window not showing all affected layers
July 14th, 2017
- Crash on converting layers with dialogue to smart objects.
July 11th, 2017
- Added new image sequence type, Lip Sync View. Rather than choreographing the sequence, drag each cell to a phoneme (A, O, E, W, etc.) for automatic use in the...
- Completely new dialogue section. Topics and organized dialogue has been moved to the tools section on the left.
- Preview lip syncing timings below the canvas on the zoomable dialogue timeline.
- Automatically calculate lip syncing by clicking on the button in the timeline.
- Edit the phoneme timings by dragging to move, extend, or shorten and timed phoneme, or add new phonemes or any other mouth image by dragging from below the timeline.
- Add playback rules to interactions by grouping them in the tool section on the left. Interaction groups can be set to play sequnetially or let any containing interaction play.
- Limit the number of times an interaction can be triggered with the controls on the right.
- Double click on the layer preview in the layers tool section to open either the asset library or the editing view for a smart object.
- Double click on a position keyframe to change from a curve to a linear path or back.
- Simplified rotation actions intended to go farther than 180 degrees. Specify any number of rotations by dragging the arrow around the dial multiple times or by typing in a value in the text field.
June 12th, 2017
- Improved performance for larger image sequences
June 5th, 2017
- Added image sequences. Create an image sequence from the Asset Library or in the New Layer window.
- Added interaction effect to start, stop and toggle image sequences
- Added interaction effect to change music during a scene.
- Added interaction effect to jump to any scene.
- Added interaction for when a scene starts.
May 29th, 2017
- Creating new projects with a trial account.
- Downloading updated template projects.
May 16th, 2017
- Added video layers.
- Added interaction triggers for video start/stop and action start/stop.
- Added interaction effects to start and stop videos.
- Playhead on the action timeline can now be scrubbed forward and backward in time.
- Action timeline can be paused and resumed.
- Can now add actions and interactions to smart objects to be used in multiple scenes.
- Added support for trial accounts.
- Added icons for the different actions.
- Improved support for weak internet connection.
- Improved new layer popup.
- Layer thumbnails are visibile even if opacity is set to 0.
- Removing app icons from asset manager not removing from overview screen.
- Layer and scene thumbnails not updating when dragging layers or undoing layer grouping.
- Scale animations displaying a different scale on iOS.
May 5th, 2017
- On macOS 10.11, crash from selecting tilt.
- On macOS 10.11, inconsistent parallax, drag and selection on the canvas.
- On macOS 10.11, animation timeline header positioning.
- On macOS 10.11, scene thumbnails when first opening the overview.
May 3rd, 2017
- Improved selecting layers using selection mode.
- Dragging interactions not working on some layers.
- Some smart objects not allowing a scene to load.
April 24th, 2017
- Updated photoshop cut script for better support of retina assets.
- Ocassional crash from right clicking below layers or actions.
April 21st, 2017
- Added right click for layers to: Rename, Group, Duplicate, Convert to Smart Object, and Copy/Paste position, ambient animation, parallax, and rotation values.
- Added right click for actions to: Rename, Group, Duplicate.
- Added right click for scenes to: Rename, Duplicate.
- Added disabled state for mouse control selection when not in layer section.
- Added multiple selection and dragging for animation keyframes.
- Hides control points for animation path unless it is selected.
- Improved asset loading.
- Templete projects downloaded dynamically reducing the app size.
- Uploading asset to asset manager automatically highlights it.
- Animation timeline showing progress on inactive animations.
- Displayed name of audio file for dialogue line.
- "Save as" not working.
April 12th, 2017
- Crash with NVIDIA GT graphics cards.
April 3rd, 2017
- Hit detection failing on layers after animating scale.
- Intermittent connection with mobile previewer.
- Adding music on macOS 10.11 not working.
April 2nd, 2017
- Font loading issue for informational windows.
April 1st, 2017
- Improved error reporting.
April 1st, 2017
- Updated the second template to the new Piñata Party.
- Added a new menu section for a recent undo history.
March 28th, 2017
- Supports download improvements for the updated previewer app.
- Improved draw performance for changes in ambient animation, reference point, and anchor point.
- Improved redraw performance for changes to opacity, position, scale, and parallax.
- Improved performance for parallax.
- Improved scene rendering performance.
- Reduced canvas flickering when editing layers.
- Reduced app memory usage.